Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sleep

Sleeping in School In Fairfax County, they recently switched the elementary school schedules with the high schools. Studies show that sleep directly correlates with academic performance so why hasn't Montgomery County switched the schedule yet? I remember waking up early for school, in elementary school. Now I am lucky to make it to school on time. I've talked to many of my friends in other states and they all start school later so this idea of starting high school later is common. Starting school early affects our academic performance, common sense, and overall happiness. Kids should come to school to learn, not sleep though 1/2nd period or get to 1:00 and start napping. For me I'M so tired that when I get home I take a nap, from exhaustion, and then my sleep pastern gets all messed up and the cycle continues viciously. High school should start later to improve high schoolers' well being and academic performance.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ceci,

    Just want to share this link with you. It's a local petition to start school later:
    http://signon.org/sign/changing-montgomery-county

    ReplyDelete