Sunday, March 10, 2013

In the Process of Knitting

yarn


So I've been wanting to knit for a while now and I decided this winter to learn how to knit. I went to the knitting store and bought needles and yarn. They're technically called skeins of yarn. Anyways I learned actually from a few videos on youtube.








1st. I learned how cast on.


Its actually really easy! I had to watch the video a few times but then I got the hang of it.

2nd. I learned how to knit




It took me a while to understand this part, but I sort of got the hang of it plus I had some of my friends help me.

So I'm in the process of making a scarf. That's my ultimate goal, but I keep adding on stitches after each row, so I'm still in the beginning fazes of learning how to knit.

Some of my friends are really good at knitting and I think its cool that one skein of yarn can turn into a headband or scarf or hat. My friend from camp is so good at knitting that she can knit under the table.

Maybe one day I will eventually finish my scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment